Saturday, September 1, 2012

What an evening ? - a minor accident

This morning I promised my daughter M that we will have a dinner at my old friend A's restaurant  at PT,  I went to my office in the afternoon to clear some matters and  I cam back about 5pm+  and I took a short nap before dinner.  My daughter M wake me up at  6.30pm and I felt abit tired , so I requested my wife to drive us to the dinner.

After getting out from my house,  my dog, Brownie was staring at me and I played with her for a very short while as my wife back the car out of my house's driveway.  As she open the electrnic gate, I caught hold of Brownie so that she would not run outside. After driving out of the driveway, my wife  start to close the gate . M and myself ordered Brownie to hold still and not to follow us but once, we wer outside the gate, Brownie rushed out  and she was between the gate and the wall , so I rushed forward to grap her and the electronic gate hit the side of my head and hurt my ear.  The gate stopped as I fell backward after my left leg slide inside the drain cover. The drain cover have been loose for a few days now after the road sweeper removed it to clean the drain.

I have been bothered by the loose drain cover and I have told myself to fix it but it just did not happen. Maybe, the bruises on my leg from the drain cover  and  the slight cuts on my palm as a result of this mishap was mend to be.  I always remembered a wise saying " with a twist of fate, our life will change". This is wisdom is very true and what is destined to happen, will happen , no matter what.

As I lay on the ground from the fall, two pairs of very strong hands came and try to pull me up  but my leg was stuck between the drain cover and the pavement. After some adjustment, these two wonderful gentlemen managed to lift me up and I thanked them very much.  These guys are strangers to me but they prompt act  to help me , make me feel much better , knowing that there are such good and helpful people around. The show of love by these two guys is indeed wonderful and gracious.

My sacrifice to save  Brownie was also an impromptu act but rather stupid way. I should have stop the gate instead of rushing in to save Brownie.  Such kind of hasty act  could  created more trouble than help. But, It has happen , so be it and let that be a lesson to me.

All is well , ends well.  I have thank my lucky  star that only a minor bruiuse to my leg.

Namaste.

No comments:

Post a Comment