Wednesday, September 5, 2012

My heart fell out from my mouth.

At the yoga session this morning, my teacher asked us to practice repeatedly the handstand post.  It was a very tiring pose  having to bend over with our hands touching the floor and to lift our legs  and balance it on our shoulder.  Sorry, this is not a freak show but it is just a simple handstand.

The trick of the pose is to balance my lower body and lift it up to a handstand.  I was not able to lift the legs but I was trying to perfect the balancing on the floor.  My teacher keep on reminding me to melt my heart . She repeatedly press the spot between my two shoulder bones and ask me to sink my heart.

I try and try but my heart did not melt as much as she wants me to  and finally, I told her my heart have feel out from my mouth.  What ? She asked and the rest of the class was giggling away.  She keep asking me how I feel and was it true that I felt my heart have fell out from my mouth.  I told her I was joking but she was worried. So, I told her I am fine.

My teacher's style is to perfect our pose  and we have repeat the stance many times and she will correct it . She is a perfectionist and she actually perform the pose and show us how to do it.  She is in her thirties and I am in my fifties. What say you ? Haiyooo..

The class can be quite exhausting if she is serious but sometimes, we asked for a more relax session especially when we are drained and tired.  She is quite understanding but she can be a bitch on her off days.

Based on my experience , Yoga practice is a very good exercise. Alot of stretching and power building but the basics can be pretty boring especially the warm up exercise.  I have suggested to her to use a fast music to accompany her warm up exercise , just like the aerobics but instead she put on a bird singing tune to give us the nature feelings. Something is better than nothing , so the birds' tweeting may help a little.

It is fun , start moving , stretching and you will be more flexible and mobile.

Namaste.

No comments:

Post a Comment