Tuesday, September 4, 2012

The money stays here !

I went for a lunch with a colleague, R today.  On the way, he told me a story as I drove my car to the Restuarant.

He told me that his nephew died a few weeks ago and he suspected that his nephew just dozed off as it was late in the night or was texting his friend when he was driving home. He died in an accident . From the autopsy report, he was not intoxicated and his blood was free of drugs. R , help to pay for the funeral expenses of his nephew.

He continued  to  tell me that he is also supporting his niece who is pursueing  a medical course in KL and it is a five years degree course. Apart from that, he also suppor his own brother who is suffering from a heart disease.  He told me that "Our money stays here after we passes on".  He is wise and everyone of us know this fact but we remained thrifty and selfish with our money.  We think we can live eternally and will be well forever.

We keep forgetting this wisdom and we only open our eyes or ears when someone remind us and after awhile , it would be back to normal. We can live forever. How wrong can we be " Life is so uncertain and unpredictable but we discount these factors as we always see the bright side to keep us happy. What is wrong with us?

I remembered a story about a good husband who keeps buying gifts for his wife when he was on a trip and each time, after his wife received the gifts , she would unpacked the gifts and keep it all in her cupboard. She will tell her husband that she will use it another day.  Unfortunately, she got a disease and passes on.  After her funeral , her husband open the cupboard and found that all the gifts were properly wrapped up and unused. 

There is a Chinese saying " old things don't go , new things don't come".  It means that we should us the things we have and replaces it when it is worn out.

So, if we do not use the things , give it away. Let the things be useful. For example, last Saturday,  I was looking into my cabinet for something useful to give to my niece and I found a neatly wrapped packet and took it out and open the wrappers , the cover of the box has already melted and became sticky.  I remembered that once I had a shoe which I kept it for special occasions.  It was an expensvie pair of shoe and when I took it out, the leather shoe broke into pieces. My wife have a similar experience, her pure leather  beg which she kept kept for sometime, just broke up in pieces when she wants to use on a holiday trip. We should know that everything is perishable and there is a definite life span for everything.

Things are mend to be used and that is why , there are cheap sales every season. The businessmen knows that it is better to sell the things at a deep discout rather than seeing it breaking up in pieces. Things we do not use , does not mean that it will last forever or a life time.

The message here is that we should not  only knows how to keep on  increasing  your wealth at the expenses of our health.  We have to be fair to ourself and pampered ourself sometimes. If we still have the excess after our normal expenses , we should do some charity rather than let it lie in the banks.  It is important to be aware that our money stays here after we passes on.

Namaste.

No comments:

Post a Comment