Tuesday, September 25, 2012

How are you, my love ?

My love is my daughter M.  I worried very much for her as she is often obessive and over protective of herself and the things or person , she love.  I would say that she goes an additional for the things she love.

She fall in love with her classmate and both of them have been going on sometime ie the boy and girl friend thing. From her actions, I think she loved him dearly and of course, her BF also loved her very much in reciprocate. I have observed her very closely when they are together  and she gave the food she loved to him and also sacrifice the favorite drinks for him.  Most of the time, she would buy the things for him to eat using her money and of course, my money.

I have tried to tell her that she have to take care of herself more and be fair to herself.   They should be a "give and take"  in a relationship rather then just sacrifice from her side.  There should be a mutual respective and love. 

I do not know whether it is a childish love  or an infactuation or a temporary attraction and whether  time will wake her up or the relationship will last until the end.  I am not sure but based on my experience, there is alot of pain and sacrifice on both sides to make a relationship worked.  There are times of regret and there are times of tribulations and celebrations.  Like what Buddha says " if there is happiness , then there will be sadness" and in true life, this is what happen.  There is no such thing as " Romeo and Juliet" type of love affair  like love at first sight and love until the end without any incidents of unhappiness.  Even it there is, it will be only less than 1% chance.

I do not understand the behviour of the gen X and the gen Y generation and to thess generations , sex is a very normal thing and the trend now is Sexting where both sexes exchange video clips of their private parts in exchange just for the fun or excitements. This culture is something very strange and nonsensical.  The next step would be love making for the fun or the experience with no obligations.  The so-called one night stand.
In past , this culture is only applicable to prostitutes.

I related a story told by my friend to M and she look amused.  I liken a women's body  to a beautiful painting  and if there is a spot or dirt or paint on it , the value of the painting will depreciate very much.  She did not agree with me and she compare her body to an car. The more you used it , the more efficient it will be. But, what about the worn out parts ? She told me it will happen in many years to come but now, it is running perfectly.

This is what we called " generation gap" .  My mindset have to change to understand them and this is the way forward.  The past is stinky and gone. 

Namaste.

No comments:

Post a Comment