Saturday, September 22, 2012

Mizi Bristro, New World Park, Penang.

It has been quite awhile that I have not been to Mizi Restaurant for any meal.  I have been suggesting this place for several times to my wife but it did not materialized due to different reasons.  So, yesterday, I suggested to eat at the restaurant after my Saturday foot reflexology session.

It was quite early for my foot session so I suggested to my wife that we should try the the pastry shop located near to Giant supermart and it was located at the junction of Nagore Road and Burmah Board. After packing the car at Fima, we took a short walk to the pastry shop.  I have notice the pastry shop many times and have wanted to check out the outlet and the timing was perfect this time.

The pastry shop carries the name " Ritz pastry" and when pushed open the door, the wonderful smell of the pastry swell up to my nose.  Wonder smell. 

I ordered a hot mocha and my wife ordered a brownie cheese cake.  We share the cake and the mocha as we wanted to try the taste and not to over eat before the dinner at Mizi.  The shope was nicely decorated and with a variety of selections and the presentation on the cake was excellent.  As we sat, we could see many youngsters frequenting this place place and many took away their orders. 

I must say that this is a wonderful place for a good cup of tea or coffee and have a high tea session here but the place only can take in 10 person as the tables and chairs are limited.  But, it was a wonderful experience. My overall mark for this place is " excellent".

After a short while, we went for our painful foot reflexology session.  After the " torture" session, we proceed to Mizi. After we found our seat , my daughter M and my sister came to join us for the dinner.  My wife ordered her favourite  spehgetti  olio and I ordered a pasta while my daughter ordered a Gordon Chicken and a salmon for my sister. This time, the food was not so good.  The pasta and Spehgetti was very oily and salty while the salmon was not fresh but my daughter M enjoyed her chicken.  The total meal cost RM75 as  we have ordered s simple food for our dinner. The overal marks for the dinner was "average".  I would not be gooing back there for awhile until the salt and oily thoughts fade away for good but it will take time.

Nothing special for the night except there was a concert and a lantern festival celebration at the park and the atmosphere was quite lively and jovial. Yes, coming to think about it, the moon cake festival  is on the next Saturday.  I wonder how is the feeling of these people celebrating the ocassion. As for me, the time have passed and now, it is only fond memories.  I wish all these peope have a wonderful night and remained happy for themselves and their family.

Namaste.

No comments:

Post a Comment