Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Lack of concern for others

Human beings are basically very selfish creature.  When I was driving to work or home, there are so many bad drivers who could overtake on my left or my right without indicators or coming from behind.   I called them " bulls".

There are so many occasions that I was almost knocked by these bulls or I almost knocked them down.  The traffic in Penang is getting so hapzard especially on long weekends.  So, this coming weekend is another long weekend and many foreign cars will be coming into the island.  Not only their driving styles are annoying but also they will be packing everywhere or if any space allowed them.

Why are these bulls driving so recklessly ? Why are they in a hurry ?  Are they so conscious of time or are they rushing for the sake of rushing? A wrong move and it will spell disaster to the innocent by-stander.

Lately, I have seen so many accidents on the bridge or on the main roads leading to my home. Once, I could see a car hitting a tree after office hours  or a few cars involved in a chain accident on the bridge.  Luckily, the second bridge is almost near completion and it was reported that with the new bridge, it will shift about 40% of the traffic from the first bridge.  Hopefully, this is true.

This morning, there was a massive jam on the Penang bridge and this is getting frequent due accidents or breakdown of vehicles.  Another selfish attitude is that people do not maintain their vehicles properly and lead to breakdowns and jam the streets and the lanes.

No comments:

Post a Comment