Saturday, September 29, 2012

Curry mee stall at Jalan Seratus Tahun, Penang.

Today, the is 15th day of the 8th moon and  today, the Chinese celebrate the Moon cake festival.  This morning , I accompany my wife to pray to my belated FIL because tomorrow is his " birth date" after one year of his death anniversay. Tomorrow is a working day for us and we will not be available.

After the prayer at Kek Lok Shi temple, we went to pray for my MIL as this is the usual routine following my wife's request.  My daughter M was with us.

The curry mee stall is located in the middle of Georgetown and my daughter M have not been able to locate the stall for a new times and I choose to bring her for breakfatst there this morning. The entry to Jalan Seratus Tahun is the junction between Masji Pakistan and the steam boat restaurant located at Maclister Road.
"
The name of road " Jalan Seratus Tahun" means "the hundred years old road" e and pre-war houses lined both sides of  the road and the curry mee stall is located at the corner unit of a row of houses.  The stall have been existence for many years and I think easily about 40 years.  It was very famous back in the old days and now, there are mnay competitors around but their business  is still good  but not like the yesteryears.

A small bowl of curry cost about RM3 while the big one cost about RM4.50 and their specialty lies in their soup and their chilly paste. 

I have recommended many of my friends from outstation to eat there and most of them like it very much. So, for your readers, try if you have not experience it.  Bear in mine , one person's meat could  be another person's poison.

Namaste.

No comments:

Post a Comment