Thursday, September 20, 2012

My battle - past 10 days.

I was down with flu and cough for the last 10 days after coming back from Bangladesh. I have not been feeling this way for years as my resistance against this virus have been very good after starting yoga and taking spirulina.  I think this time, the flu was a stubborn strain coming from a passenger from my home coming flight from Dhaka.

I have been feeling unwell despite controlling the cough within a few days but the flu caused my running nose and it was difficult to breath normally.  My body also feels the aches and my appetite was flat.  Some days , I could feel the hot flashes and a running temperature.  I drank a lot of water to flash out the heat from my body and I feel uncomfortable after consuming each meal as if  the digestive system was not working. The feeling of uneasiness and boredom due to the pains from my joints due the flu.

Life is like that , some times we feel good  and some times, we feel bad.  The emotions kept switching sides as our health swings from good to bad and vice versa.  However, for me , it was a blessing as I feel good most of the time.

Last few days, I read about the death of a young hard patient at an early age after she has gone through a heart transplant on two occasions.  Suddenly, her heart gave way when she was supposed to take up a job in the kindergarden.  Her parents tried to donate her organs but it was too late.  As I have mention, life is uncertain and anything could happen. By usage of a mechanical heart and two transplants , she got a few additional years but the new heart could not hold anymore and she died of a heart failure.

So, I remember a story which tells of a man, who blame that he have no good shoes to wear  and one day, he saw a man without his two feet , then he realized how fortunate he has been. Yes, we are blind to the facts of the outside world and we only look to the good sides of ourself.  How wrong can we be ?

If we dare to look, we will be more contented rather than searching for the good things we do not need.  We can actually contribute more of our energy , time and wealth to meaningful things like making the world a happier place to live.

No man is an island. So, we should like with compassion and loving kindness.  My experience and recovery from my flu make me realize that when there is suffering, there is goodness. The goodness to realize and to be aware of the  uncertainties in life.

Namaste.

No comments:

Post a Comment