Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Blue Reef , Straits Quay

Last night, I was at the Blue Reef restaurant with my family and my daughter's BF, Y.   Before dinner, my wife and me took a tour of the Straits Quay.  It has been some time now that I haven't been to this mall.

The Mall was quite empty and there was  a flea market in front of the Mall. It was an early evening and I also took a walk at the marina.  The weather was good and the light breeze was blowing as I srroll along the marina.   It was a public holiday on Monday , a replacement for the official public holiday which fell on Sunday.

To maintain the maina could be quite expensive  and the boats that is docking at the marina can easily cost US$500K a piece.  I got the price from a poster advertising for sale of  boats and yahts. There were quite a few boats docking at  the marina and this background provide a peaceful and calm atmosphere.

After a short walk, we adjourned to the Blue Reef  and it was only 6pm and the restaurant was quite empty. My wife ordered a spehgetti ollio , a pasta for me and two fish and chips for my daughter and her BF. The Spehgetti was quite good but the pasta was too thick with the vegetable green while the fish and chips was very good.  i could not stand the taste of the pasta and I passed it on to my wife and my daughter's BF , who seems to like it.  The total bill came to RM144 which includes a salad and a mushroom soup.  It was not so pricey.

Before we left the restaurant , the place was getting more busy as the dinner time sets in.  The Blue Reef Restaurant was known for its good western food and it was quite popular among the locals and tourist.

As we walk out, the crowd outside remained quite empty and I wonder how long the Mall can sustain their business and eventual survival . The Mall belongs to the E&O prop0erty group and the group is doing very well in the property sector.  Maybe, it is going to survive forever.

Namaste.

No comments:

Post a Comment