Wednesday, September 26, 2012

The View, Equatorial Hotel, Penang.

I had a farewell lunch for my friend S , together with my boss, H.   The View restaurant is a very nice western crusine  restaurant  and  from the restaurant , it has a fantastic view of  the golf course and Penang 2nd bridge. 

The restaurant's serving have two parts.  The first session is the salad  and the pastry bar which is available for all the dinners  and the 2nd part is the main course.  The smoked salmon , prawns and the salads have excellent taste and dressings.  Wonderfully done.

As for the main course, I ordered a grilled tuna while my guest and my boss ordered grilled salmon.  The dressing and taste of  the fish was also excellent and I really enjoyed the lunch.

For the dessert,  I got myself  some cakes , pastries and chocolates and I drink sparkling water which goes very well together.

The price is about RM100 per person. It is really value for money and a truly wonderful experience.

On the way back, I talk about some personal matters and my boss bring up some incident involving a mutual friend or rather a former colleague, SM.  Our friend have retired a long time ago from our Company and he has a family in Singapore and he stays alone with a companion in Penang.  His lady companion have been taking care of him for 20 over years  and recently, she died of cancer  and our friend was also very sick. My boss told me that he is not in touch with SM and he wondered how is he being living ?  SM have lots of money but now, he is alone and dying.

Life plays a funny joke on us sometimes. When we don't have money, we have the energy but we don't have the time.  When we have the money, we have the time but no energy.  Nevertheless, we come with nothing and we go with nothing.  This is impermanance and emptiness.

Namaste.

No comments:

Post a Comment