Sunday, September 9, 2012

Back in Penang from Bangladesh

My return from Bangladesh to Penang is like  the " back to the future" movie.  From a less developed country to a developing country shows a big difference between the two countries..  Back to my curry mee, hokkien me , char keow teow, etc.  What a pleasant feeling.

The leap from the two different cultures have caused my body and thinking to re-act in a different way.  In Bangladesh, the traffic was haphazard, environment was dusty and muddy and the smell was pungent while I  have a bout of fresh air in Penang despite the haze.  The time is Bangladesh was behind two hours from Malaysia and this time difference only caused minimum damage to my jet lag problem.  It is like more tiring due to the long distance travel rather than the time change.

It is so good to be home and from yesterday  morning when I was on my way home, I could feel a good feeling as if that something good is going to happen.  My usual routine , environment and food.  I wonder whether  this could be the same feeling if  I am coming back from Japan , US or China.

Basically, it is the same feeling as our body and thinking is complacent.  Even if we are coming back from a more advance country but our body and thinking needs time to accept.  There is a Chinese saying " A dog's pen is better than an Emperor's bag".  Yes, it is the familarity of the place which is more important than anything else.

Strange place may give us the excitements but when the excitement is over, we long for our familar bed , food and smell.   Now for me, Penang is the best.

Namaste.

No comments:

Post a Comment