Sunday, September 23, 2012

14th floor restaurant at PSC , Penang

Today, my wife wanted to do some cardio exercise and she suggested the gym at Penang  Swimming  Club, Penang.  we have not been there for many months since the passing of her beloved father last year.

We have been members of the club for many years  and since then, they have added a new multple car park, a restaurant , many more halls and studio, a well equipped library and a gym.   We set off to the gym at 5.30 pm.  On reaching the club, we proceed to took the usual long walk from the lobby to the gym passing through the club house and the swimming pool. 

On the gym, I was surprised that the gym have occupied the space of the former library while the pumping room still located on the basement level.   There was a very winding staircase linking the two levels.  The scenary at the gym was fantastic as now we can see the far horizon from the gym.   Breath taking views.

After about an hour at the gym, we proceed to the restaurant at the 14th floor.  Again, the view was fantastic as we can see further out into the horizon and it was so beautiful.  The restaurant was full as there was alot of reservations and we have to wait . While we waited, my wife wonder off to the belcony of the restaurant to enjoy the view outside.

After 20 minutes, we have a table and  we were told that we will need to wait for an hour for our chinese food order.  The faster order would be the set dinner and we took the advise from the waiter and true to his words, food was serve within the next 10 minutes.  My wife ordered a barbeque chicken while I ordered a chicken chop- combo , a soup and a salad.  The taste have improved much from the last time and the food was good and reasonably priced.

Many times, I have suggested to have lunch or dinner at this restaurant , my daughter M will complain and reject my suggestion because the taste was not good in the past.  But, things can change and this time, it has proven me right that the restaurant is doing better and their food standard have improved much.

PSC have been a place where I used to meet my friends  and as to-night I met a friend K and his wife. K was almost my aged and he took the same except his head was full of white hair.  My wife told me that we will need to spend more time at the gym if we retire in a couple of years.

Yeah, again, her remark arouse my feeling that time really flies and we will need to start another chapter soon and to let go and slip into our twilight years. 

Namaste.

No comments:

Post a Comment