Saturday, May 19, 2012

When the heat is unbearable (An insight)

Lately, i have been sweating very much during my yoga session. At end of each workout, I am dripping wet and feel exhausted. The air is dry and there seems to be immense heat in each breath I took. Among my members, I was the only one sweating so much. My yoga, teacher M keep asking me whether I am all right or not.  I know how she feel when I look so wet.

At lunch time, I visited my sister, C and after lunch, I show my brother some basic Tai Chi warm up exercise and after a few swings, he stop and told me that he feel tired and he was sweating so profusely. For me, I am okay and when I get out of my sister's house, it was so hot  and I feel a burning sensation on my skin. The weather have been so immensley hot during these few weeks if there is no rain. It is calm and hot before a storm and it is just building up in the air until the rain comes.

This type of weather just drove us back into our comfortable air-con home and make us so tired and inactive. To make our life more comfortable, we need to make our home , a really home for us so that we can do the things we like or have enough space for us to move around.

Once, I was complating to  buy a one room sea facing apartment as my wife was preparing to  buy a simple place for our retirement. Accidentally, I talked to a friend and he gave me a very valuable advise. He told me that we need space to move around or do our things.  If we have a one room apartment, if any visitors come around, I will not have any space to hide or continue with the things  I am doing. It was a wake up call and the advise make a lot of senses. The advise came jus tin time for me to reject the offer.

If I have make the decision and when the heat become unbearable , I would have to find a space in the apartment or go looking for a cafe or a restaurant to hide away or I will have to travel to the club. It will be okay if I am still able to move around but what if , I need assistance to move around. It will be very cumbersome.

We have expect the weather is unpredictable and the heat on earth is increasing and moving in the open is getting very uncomfortable.  Home is the place where we need to plan wisely and properly to cater for any eventuality.

Home sweet Home. A home is not a house and a house is not a home, if there is no love and warmth.

Namaste.

No comments:

Post a Comment