Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Dinner at sakae sushi, Sunday Carnival Mall

My wife have to stay back at her office to handle some urgent work,so after work ,I stay back a short while and decided to go shopping at Sunway Carnival Mall at Sebarang Jaya. It was about 15 minutes from my office. I was caught in a short jam on the way to the mall due to the after office traffic. But, the jam was not that bad after a short bottleneck. Upon reaching the mall, I search for a parking place and fortunately, my timing was right as one car was moving out. I thanked my lucky star. After entering the mall, I went to the sport shop to look for some training pants but I did not like the materials . The mall house a few eateries and many optical shops , computer shops like Apple and Dell. I was not hungry so I went around window shopping. I visited Popular bookstore, Espirit and some sport shops. Finally, I told myself that is enough so I look for Sakae Sushi. It was not difficult to locate the shop. I was alone and I sat at bar and start to eat the food on the conveyor belt. Some Tau Foo maki, eel sushi, vegetable sushi and a char somen. I ordered two types of sushi for my wife and start to walk back to my car to drive back to my factory to fetch my wife. The dinner cost me about RM50. For a Japanese restaurant, the price was reasonable. The taste of the food was so-so good. This is a Japanese English way of expressing average. For no complains. My impression of the mall's business was not so good. For a three store mall and a basement , it would be difficult to sustain the operation of the mall. Maybe, my impression is wrong because today is a weekday. The crowd at the weekends maybe more. There are no too many malls remaining on the mainland side of Penang. It is very funny that the Penang Island is more prosperous and well developed. Like islands of Hong Kong and Singapore, people likes to live on the islands and they gave the island mentality that they are isolated and one-up-manship. However, no man is an island. Wake up, Penang people, living on the island does not make more superior. Namaste...

No comments:

Post a Comment