Sunday, May 13, 2012

Mee Goreng at Bangkok Lane, PG

For breakfast.  I took my wife to eat mee goreng at Bangkok Lane. This is not a proper breakfast menu and it is actually very unhealthy but my wife likes it , so we went there to eat. The mee goreng store is situated at the corner coffee shop at the T-junction between Bangkok lane and Burmah Road.

The mee goreng stall is very famous and gets alot of outstation visitors during the public holidays and weekends. We went there abit early and we have a very comfortable seat. I ordered mee rubus and my wife ordered mee goreng.  Suggested a big bowl and we share both types and when the food arrived, it was a big portion. Nevertheless, we eat it all. When the bill came, the mee rubus cost me RM6 while the mee goreng cost me RM5.  It was abit pricey but the portion was sizeable.

The Hokkien mee stall in the same coffee shop was just as famous and it also draws the crowd on the holidays and rest days. Comparing both stalls, the mee goreng stall have much better business. These two stalls bring business to the coffee shop.

Comparing the mee rubus (soup type) and the mee goreng (dry type), the goreng type was better as for me but the soup type also have its followers. It is better to eat it sparsely as this is quite unhealthy with dry sotong , eggs and the yellow noodle.

Again, we are here to live and eat.

Namaste.

No comments:

Post a Comment