Sunday, May 20, 2012

Tesco, next to E-gate, Penang

This afternoon I was resting comfortably  in my house under the air-con and I was very thankful to the guy who have invented the air-con to spare me from the intense heat outside. Suddnly, my daughter, M who was resting upstairs came down and asked me to drive her to Tesco for shopping  She is having a salad exam tomorrow and she wants to buy some  stuff to practice her practical. I have to oblige and eave my comfortable living room.

On a sunday afternoon, the traffic was heavy along Green Lane and  we have to make a detour to reach E-gate. It was also comfortable in the car because of the air-con and when we reach Tesco, it was also in a air-con environment. There was only a short lapse under the intense heat during the trip.  The crowd at Tesco was sizeable and I think some of them is also trying escape the intense heat outside in the open.

I took the opportunity to walk around Tesco while my daughter, M goes around doing her shopping. I found there that it has a huge variety of food stuff and household accessories. The price of the items in Tesco is always economical and competitive as its policy to buy in bulks and sell in large volume. Such hypermarkets or suppermarts have kill off  many traditional sundry shops or mini-marts. The trend is the big fish eat the small fish and the smalller fish eat the smallest fish and the smallest fish eat the dirts and the leftovers. This is a dog  eat dog world and it is very realistic.

After two hours  of walking around in a free air-con environment , it is like exercising in the gym with interesting shopping items and finally, the craving to purchase won me over and I spend more than one month's gym fee on my purchases. Well, money is not everything and if this incident makes me happy then it is worth it.

My advise to my readers is that get off your comfortable seats and do some exercise. If we move, we will get moving. Every type of exercise is good for us and keep our system moving.

Namaste.

No comments:

Post a Comment