Friday, May 11, 2012

Snake in my house

I was told by wife, S that during my trip to Bangladesh, my daughter M told her that she saw a snake under her car and she took a phone  of the snake. She showed it to me about 15 minutes ago on her Iphone. i was surprise at its length.  Just a one hour ago, I cleared away all the pundan leaves in my garden  togeter with my maid. we tound two small eggs and my maid told me that they are snake eggs.

I ponder for  awhile how do I handle the matter. i decide to flush it into the drain.  I know that the snake will come back to find their eggs , so I have to clear away all the plants and bricks. Yeah, if I clean up the place and let the sun in on the place, it will chase the snakes away.

I leave all the pundan leaves in front of my house near my rubbish bin and immediately, some passer-bys asked for the pundan leaves.  There are several uses for pundan leaves . Firstly, it can be used  to cool desserts with sweet potatoes or if we keep a bundle of pundan leaves in the car , it helps to remove all the sweat smell in our car.  Some people believe that pundan leaves chases away bugs and ants. Well , I do not have any facts to back it up but it  has been pass down from many generations.

Back to the snakes, if we want to keep away the snakes , you can spread some sulphur on the floor or ground next to the fence and  the sulphur will keep the snake away.

We should live with nature as nature will keep our environment in  an harmonous balance.

Namaste.

No comments:

Post a Comment