Tuesday, May 1, 2012

A day without work

Today is labor day and I make sure that it is a day without work.  It was a routine rest day but I noticed that people are crowding  the well known eateries and all the Malls were offering deep discounts ranging from 50 to 70 % and drawing huge crowds.  Most peoople took their family out and consider wating in line for food or joining the crowd at the Malls is consider a family outting. This routine is a healthy act to keep the family close together. For me, I prefer to stay at home and rest.

For me,  I do not have much time to spend in my home during the weekdays and during my frequent trip overseas.  I prefer to spend as much time at home and catch up with all the pending matters and just to rest.

In the past, I have been reading many types of religious and factual books but lately, I have been chasing news or commentary of the world affairs.  The recent news is the happening at the Bersih 3 and I felt the things are getting worst in my country . The brutality and public re-actions and so much anxiety and suppression.  I felt that enough is enough and any change would be good for the country. At the same time, change is also dangerous if it is not a managed change.  The platform and the system have to be changed first before a significant change can occur.  But, if the situation is bad enough, then  we should be brave enough to face the consequences of a change.  It has reach a point that been frighten is secondary and change becomes a priority.

Yes, the current happenings are affecting our life and our thinking. Another issue is the inflation rate . I realize that all the price of  the usual food stuff and the hawker foods have gone up again exorbidantly and it is becoming another matter of concern to us.  I am starting to believe the news from the internet that so much  revenue have been siffo n out of the country which can help to ease the inflationary impact and make our life easier and much better. If only I have the power but I have only one vote. I hope my  one vote would count.

One of my staff told me that she participated in the Bersih activities and she bought an angry bird "Ubah"  and she asked me whether I know what it means. Luckily for me, I have read it somewhere that it means "change" and it is a red colored bird from Sarawak.  This is the least I know but I think Bersih is a normal cause and a very meaningful activity.  I urged those leaders of Bersih to continue their activities until the chnage is achieved.  Good luck, fellas.

Lets remain positive and look forward to a better tomrorow and may someone able and capable to command the population to a better future.  And I hope that my reluctance to participate in Bersih 3 or in politics would not make a difference.

Namaste.

No comments:

Post a Comment