Saturday, May 19, 2012

Dinner at Perak Lane -Bee Hoon & Congee shop

The traffic was heavy on this Saturday evening.  I was on my way to Perak Lane as my wife have requested me to buy her the Bee Hoon soup for her. I brought my sister C and brother W along and as we reach the stall , I asked my sister and brother to wait in the car for me. The traffic in the place was a mess with many cars double parking as diners congregate at this place. There are many other food stalls in this area.

The Fish Head Bee Hoon & Congee shop have been there for 20 over years based on my memory. My late elder brother loved to eat at this restaurant including my brother in law, S.  The food here is with lots of seafood and porky's internal organs. It is very tasty and the restaurant have  lots of supporters and one of them is  S. He speaks highly of the food and he is a  goodwill Ambassador for this restaurant. S have bought food from this particular stall when his father was sick and dying.  He has brought us to this
restaurant many times and my wife like it so much that we have gone there several times by ourself.  For a bowl of Bee Hoon, it cost me RM11 and whether it is pricey or not, it depends on who pay for it. For some people ,it is reasonable because of the stuff in the Bee Hoon but others may find it too expensive. It is a matter of judgement.

I ordered Bee Hoon with fried fish, pork liver  and intestines for her. The traffic going back to my house was bad and it took about 2 hours to reach home.  After eating her dinner, my wife told me that it was good and she told me that she over eat. I could see that she enjoy the food very much. However, she told me that such good and rich food cannot be eaten everyday. Yes, I totally agreed with her as internal organs are not good for health in the long run.

Another insight into my choice of live to eat. So , eat well.

Namaste.

No comments:

Post a Comment