Friday, May 18, 2012

Once bitten, twice shy.

There is saying “ Once bitten, twice shy “ but the  current generation have extended it a bit.  “ Thice bitten, will never try”.  This is a protective nature of human beings.  For some people, this is more severe ie Once bitten, never try “.  If we feel our trust is betrayed, to re-gain the trust is an uphill task.

I have encountered to incidents and I wanted to share the insight with all of you.  My MD, H  is a severe type.  If someone betray the trust once and he feel cheated, he would immediately instruct us to terminate the relationship and bar that person from our factory.  I can understand why because he is a very senior person and he has to rely on his key people.  He cannot have unsecured and untrustworthy people around him. As an MD, he delegates important functions to his people and he has to have complete trust on them. I am almost having the same profile but I can still managed the spoilt relationship  or I am more forgiving type.

The second experience is with my expatriate colleague. Each time , he is doubtful he will asked me whether it is a trap or he openly will asked me whether I cheat him. He is very suspicious with new ideas and new transactions.  I think he has been bitten hard before and he is very protective of himself.

Those people who have been burned by fire  will stay away from fire and those people bitten by dogs will have chased the dogs away when they gets too near.  I have friends who do not eat fish and I asked them why and they told me that during their younger days, they have eaten a bad fish or the fish bones have piece their mouth or their throat.  This is a nature instinct  and it is really very difficult to overcome.

To err is human and to forgive is divine . This is easy said that done but to make our self happy , we have to attempt to let these bad memories go away or let go of these fears. It is like gathering sticks or stones and put it in our bags and carry with us on our life journey.  It is getting heavier and heavier by the day and it damages our health.  It is important that we are aware of  its consequences.

Namaste.

No comments:

Post a Comment