Friday, November 23, 2012

The face reflects the heart

Once, I wrote an article on " Buddha mouth, Snake heart" and I told of people who talk like a Buddhist or like a Buddha but with an evil heart.  This type of people are hypocrites who pretend to help you but just to benefit themselves. Now, I am writting about how the face reflects the heart. But, this theory does not apply to all but you can sense them if you see their face.

Yesterday, I have an encounter with such people during a lunch at Sungei Puyu. There was this women who sat directly across me. Her hair was holded up by gel , floating high above the head and her neck was wearing a huge jade neck lace , her ears have diamond studded earings, her both wrist have more green jade  bracelets and her fingers were wearing a few jade  rings with diamond linings.  Her eye brows were thick and she has a very fiece bull dog shape face. Can you imaging how she look ?  Yeah, the famous Chinese Empress Dowager.  Those people who read the Chinese literature or history will know how she rule her Empire.  I believe when she die, she will be buried with all these ornaments like the Empress.  It will be a treasure hunt for those bounty hunters.

She happens to be an Auntie of my colleague. The distant relative type.  I was told by my colleague that she is a staunch Buddhist , those who chants day and night.  I have seen many staunch Buddhist and they have very pleasant and peaceful faces.  Once, you see them, you can trust and relate to them. However, I have known of a few staunch Buddhist,who have very fiece faces despite the years of prayer and actually, I know that they are very unkind and uncompassionate people. 

If we have loving kindness and Great Compassion in our heart, these wonderful qualities should naturally flow up to the face. If you look at the face of Buddha and Kuan Yin , you can see the grace on their face. These Buddhas have actually practice what they preach or what they know and there is no blockage between their heart and their face. For those evil people with a fiece face, there is no kindness in their heart and however hard they try, it has not change them or remove the blockage and they have achieved nothing.

My theory is not always right.  At times, there are great saints in people who have a disfigured face or unpleasant face. But , these are the exceptions.  If we have a peaceful and kind heart, we should have a wonderful and ageless face. Ever smiling.

Namaste.

No comments:

Post a Comment