Thursday, November 15, 2012

My experience at Yang Sang Tang, Penang

The word " Yang Sang Tang" means wellness hall or organization but actually, it is a health massage center operatedt by a local using massuers from China. All massuers are supposed to be trained from a health collage in China. This was my second experience in this massage center as I have been a frequent customer from local massuers.

The first experience was an excellent one and today's second experience was a very painful one. It started of with a shoulder massage and male massuer have very good skill and did a very good job in releasing my frozen shoulder. He told me that I have injured my nerves during my yoga exercise and he recommended me to buy some medical paste from Guardian Pharmacy and it will be cured in a week. I have not try to do anything about it yet. 

After the shoulder, he told me that my bod is very heaty and he recommend to carry out a " Quar Sar" or a back scrub by some buffalo horn gargets by using oil.  I did not accept his proposal but then he asked me to choose the oil , so I relented.  The scrub was very painful and he told me that in Malaysian weather , we should do this type of treatment once a month to reduce the heat in our body and detox. Anyway, it was painful but I managed to tolerate until the full scrub was done.  He told me that my body will be reddish in a while.

Next, he moved on to the legs and the time was only remaining 20 minutes and there was not enough time to do a proper leg reflexology treatment but he went about it with full speed and full strength. It was extremely painful but I managed to endure it but trying to relax my foot as much as possible.

The whole massage took one hour and it cost me RM45 for the massage, RM35 for my scrub and RM15 for the salt water for my feet. It was about RM95 for an hour treatment. It was abit pricey but the feeling after the pain was good.  After reaching home, I slept for 4 hours continuously and I felt refreshed and good. I even managed to do two rounds of Tai chi exercise in the night.

I think it is value for money and the pain was worth it as money is not everything while good health is important to all of us.

Namaste.

No comments:

Post a Comment