Saturday, November 17, 2012

Sunday morning -today

I just woke up and lying in bed staring at the clear blue sky. The morning sun was  strong and bright. There was a group of people practicing  Qigong in the park outside my window with instructions blaring  out from  their music player to guide them in their exercise. Feel like waking up and do my Taichi exercise but still enjoy the layback position on my bed comtemplating. By the way, it is  Sunday, right?
My feeling  is abit weird and I could sensed that time was standing still waiting for things to move. The sunlight could have came  through the window and burn my backside if not for the curtains protecting me. The fan on the ceiling was moving at its usual speed but all other things are on the standstill.  Of course, the table , chairs, cabinet , my blanket ,etc  are dead things and have no life.  What am I thinking?

I scoop deep in to myself and I sensed a restless feeling. The restless spot was in my heart while my head is fully contented and restful. Why? I realized that I am trying hold back the Sunday and wanting it not to move to Monday where there are many urgent things and problems  for me to handle. My heart wants the rest and pushing my brain not to thinking about tomorrow. There are a lot of uncertainties in tomorrow.

Yes, I am fearful of the uncertainties especially people problems which is complex and uncertain. But by focusing on fear, it will get stronger and fear will control me. I will need to stare fear in the face and it will get smaller and smaller. It is a very difficult task to do but I have to do it.  I have sensed so much fear with the people around me.  We are fearful of ghost, difficult people, bad people , our safety, etc. I have to tell them to stop fearing . If we are not fearful of death, what is there to fear about?

Once, I had a discussion with a colleague who is a factory manager.  Our factory is very big and there are people who could sense the presence of the unpleasant kind.  As a factory manager , he heard many stories and it was his duty to check it out.  So, he told me that with a touch light in hand, he would go to all these hot spots and check it out. He is very fearful but he has to do it , so that his employees are not scare. With a heavy and fearful heart, he has to face these fear. Each time, it turns out to be  nothing and gradually, he gets more stronger and confident over his fear. He is still fearful but he is not scare to stare at his fear. Maybe one day, he will see something , so what ? He will have to ask that "fella" to go away, right?

This is a good example for all of us. We should look forward to tomorrow and face whatever that is coming our way. Still lying on my bed and bcome hopeful that the fear will be gone is only a dream. The show must go on and we have to complete our destiny. So, Come what may.

Namaste.


No comments:

Post a Comment