Friday, November 2, 2012

My new neighbour- house warming dinner

I got a call from my new neighbour yesterday inviting me to his house warning dinner.  He has been trying to contact me several times on the day but he could only contact me at about 5pm and told me that his dinner is starting at 7pm. I was miles away and it was raining heavily.  As a good neighbour, I accepted his invitation.

The journey back home was quite messy because of the heavy rain and the traffic jam but I could only do my best to reach home in time.  But , I was late.

Upon reaching home,  my wife was waiting for me and I grapped a bottle of red wine and both of us walk over to my new neighbour's home. It was just located on the backside of my house.

The vegetarean dinner have started  and I notice it was quite a big crowd but mostly old people and I was curious.  After introducing ourselves to my new neighbour, we proceed to find a seat and quene up for the buffet. 

The house was big because it is make up of two housing lots adjoining to each other. The previous owner used to have several ponds to rear chinese carps and the whole garden have an excellent water flowing system which navigate the ponds. The owner removed all these ponds and build a big garden with flowers and walking path surrounding a circular flower pot in the middle of the garden and he also build a circular path of pebbles for his family and himself to walk bare foot on it to have a similar foot reflexology exercise.

In his main hall, there is three stature of Buddha in different pose and it is surrounded by flowers and artifacts on the alter. His wife told us that they are staunch Buddish and they live in a simple way.  I was contented that they are a peace loving family and share the same beliefs as me.

I remembered my observation of many old people at the function and I asked my neighbour and they told us that they are members of the same Buddhist Hall in Air Itam and they are also Karoake members and they like to sing.  Suddenly, the singing session erupt when one of the members start singing and all the members start to gather in the hall to join in the fun.

By then, I was abit tired and my stomach is full and so it is time to go home.  So, I signal my wife and we expressed our thanks to our good neighbours and we make a quiet exit to walk back home.

I am thankful that we have a good neighbour and I hope peace and love will prevail in my surrounding.

Amitabha.

No comments:

Post a Comment