Saturday, October 13, 2012

Omega foot reflexology with Pat

Today, I went for foot reflexology at Omega and my masseur is Pat. He is an elderly man and I had my shoulder massage by him since last Saturday.  Today is the second time, I had my treatment for frozen shoulder.

As usual , he is very skillful and experience but he talks a lot. When he is doing the massage, he keeps tracking the pain points on my bad and there was a few pain points but he told me that it is very extensive especially on the right side of my back.  I do not want to believe him and this is natural as we always try to downsize our problems and try to live with it better. After the massage, I feel very much better.

During the massage, he told me that there are only three exercise we can do, so as not to hurt ourself.  First is swimming, second is walking on a flat surface and third is cycling. He told me that he met a friend at a hospital who had a treatment for slip disc and damage to his spine. His friend was only 46 years old and he used to add weights to his legs and carry a 5 pint water container to walk up the hills during his younger days.  His condition today was due to his action of over exerting himself. 

Pat told him that he has seen many cases of people seeking treatment from him due to inappropriate form of exercise or not using proper trainers or training methods. Most of the time due to stupidity of the people who think that they know better how to handle themselves.

We also talk about Bruce Lee who died due to over exerting himself.  During his young days, Bruce Lee want to exeel in Kungfu and one of his philosophy is to make himself powerful in his inner strength and fly like a bird. I think he mislead himself and die at his prime. He became a legend but die young,

I believe in the middle path as preach by Lord Buddha.  All the extremes are not good for us and everything in mediocre or well balance is the best. Too much food is not good and too less good is damaging to healthy. Eating too much of one thing is bad and a balance diet is the best. If we apply it to exercise , the same logic apply and we have to give ample rest to our health and excessive rest makes your body weak and lazy. We have to think about it carefully and keep a balance life, a balance diet and a balance thinking so that we can enjoy a good and healthy life.

Namaste.

No comments:

Post a Comment