Sunday, October 7, 2012

My Sunday experience at Advertist Hospital , Pg

I read one health article that recommended the need of a second opinion relating to medical diagnosis to check in the competency of Doctors. There are many cases of wrong diagnosis and wrong treatments. I think this is a very logical consideration.

So, for my sister's heart case , I try to seek an appointment with a doctor at the Adventist Hospital. I called up the Adventist and they told me that phone registration is not allowed for new comers and we have to walk in to register and the registration starts from 7am in the morning. I feel strange but maybe there are valid reasons.

Immediately , I pick up my niece and drove to Adventist and upon arriving the car park was full. Luckily, I could asked my niece to do the registration while I wait in the car. She came back with a number 2028 and we do not know how long we have to wait. I parked my car and bring my niece for breakfast at their cafeteria.

The breakfast was simple. A bowl of oats for me and a plate of noodle
For my niece. Mineral water for both. On the screen display at the cafeteria, the numbering of the patient for the various doctors were displayed on the screen. The number displayed against my appointed doctor shows 1905. I was shocked. Ow! More than 1000 patient in a day. Incredible!!

Thinking logically, I think there should be a two tier numbering. Starting with 1000 is for their regular patients while 2000 is for the new comers. From the numbers, I do not know how many patients and how long to wait. I think the numbering system stinks. Silly arrangements.!nevertheless , it is not the fault of the doctors. They should sack the Administrator .

Another point is that the doctor will stop intermittently for their rounds and the numbering will switch back to the 1000 series and then back to the 2000 series. Maybe, there are logical reasons for doing that.

By now, I have been waiting for more than three hours since 9am and I am still waiting for 12 more patients until me.

It has been a tedious morning , doing nothing but just waiting. The worst of the actions is waiting. It takes a lot of energy and tolerance.

I have dozed off many times over but for the wellness of my sister I have to bear the discomfort and the boredom. Finally, the consultation could take only last 5 to 10 minutes while the waiting is for four hours, it could be worth it ig the advise is valuable.

Namaste.

No comments:

Post a Comment