Saturday, October 13, 2012

Fruit shopping at lorong Kulit , Penang

Lorong Kulit , where?  Never heard about it.   Yes, this is a local hotspot but not known to many local as well.  Yes, I was familar with this place.  It is just next to Penang Football stadium.  For those people who love local football, they will know the place.  This place is like a flea market.

When I was young, I used to frequent this market place. It is full of people selling old junks, odd things or old size things, recyle items, stolen items , imitations, fakes , antiques, etc and  there is a sector for fruits. I live on a shoe string budget when I was just began working and I used to frequent this place to look for bags and sport shoes. There is a mix of amny types of people , selling all sort of things.

You can meet con man, thieves, hooligans  and low ranking cheats in this place and if you lost a pair of shoes, you could find it there for sale. This place is not recommendable for young ladies because of the existence of this shadowy characters.  My perceptions could be wrong as I have not been to this place for many years. I still have the same perception of this place as dirty and messy.

When my wife suggest to shop for fruits at this place, I was abit reluctant as my feeling was not good for this place but anyway, I still accompany her to Lorong Kulit.  My wife's brother have been telling us that he always shopped at this place in the evening where the fruit sellers will offer their fruits at a special price on their closing business hour.

Upon reaching there, I could see that there was only a few fruit stores left still doing business.  I parked my car and accompanied my wife to the fruits stores at the market place.  Yes, my brother in law was right, the fruit prices were much lower than the normal market place. The oranges were selling at 15 fruits for RM10 and the A grade grapes were selling at RM15 per Kg.  The fruit seller were offering the fruits at good bargaining price.

At this time , all the shadowy characters are good including their junks and re-cycled items.  Such things are available only in the morning until lunch.  Yes, all the fake Nikes, Guchis, Lewis ,etc can be obtained there and please be careful of your purse or your bags as there are alos pick pockets .  We have to exercise due care when we go to these places.

Namaste.

No comments:

Post a Comment