Sunday, October 21, 2012

It has been raining

This is the raining season for the year and  it co-incide with the annual Nine Emperor God's birthday celebration.  As a devotee to the God, they will go on vegetarean die for nine days. After the nine days, their sins will be reduced and they will blessed in return. I was previously a devotee when my mother was alive but I have deviated from this religious path.

Yes, it is better to be God fearing and it is easy to believe that there is a almight God who is here to save us. It is also easy to believe that all our sins can be absorbed by GOD if we confess and accept or repent to GOD. I hope it is really true and many souls will be saved and goes to heaven or nirvana.

At times of trouble, I also seek GOD's help and I don't care whether it is true or not . There is  no harm trying.  Like in raining day, we carry an umbrella so that we will not get wet. But in sunny day or when we are clean and positive, we never seek GOD or pray to GOD. Our GOD is far away from our mind.

When we are well , we eat whatever we like, we enjoy ourself fully neglecting the unfortnate, we became selfsih and spend our time seeking wealht at the expense of our health. We can live forever.
When trouble strikes, we rush to GOD to hold their feet , seek forgivness and blessing. This is small intelligence of human beings. They are alwsys the greatest.

In Buddhism, we seek a path to Nirvana and we follow certain precepts and teaching of Buddha. As devotee, we have to find the path ourself  by seeking the guidance of Buddha in his teaching. It is based ourself  instead of GOD and this is the hard part.  There is no easy way to Nirvana. We do not for sure whether there is a nirvana but based on the experience of Buddhas in the past, it seems that there is a way.

Frankly, it does not matter whether I can obtain Buddhahood or not  but the teaching makes me feel good and positive as I walk through the journey of my life. I try to prepare for the raining days and  also to accept the pitfalls in my twilight years and accept the problem in life with grace and understanding.
Taking life as "heavy as a mountain or as light as a bear's hair". It depends on our personal wisdom to guide us through the " raining days".

Namaste.

No comments:

Post a Comment