Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Blind Yoga

The Yoga class today was special. My Yoga teacher told us to close our eyes when we execute each pose.  The purpose is for us to focus our internal vision on our movement.  The power of concentration is much stronger if we execute it in the blind.  It was a whole lot of different experience.

When our eyes are closed, we lost our bearing and our balance. We lost our confidence and our fear soar because we cannot see our surrounding and what is happening around us.  The fear intensify because of the uncertainties in front of us.

But, on the other hand, we could feel our breath , whether it is slow or fast, whether it is deep or shallow. It becomes more sensible.  When we stretch our legs, we could feel hte muscles stretching in motion , our hands reaching out to balance. With the change of pose, we could follow each steps in motion and gradually changing the position of our hands and legs.  We became more aware of the overall coordinated movements within our body.

At  the end of the class, my teacher asked us what we have learned for the day. Some of us say that they lost their sense of directions, scared  and some come out of the session feeling good and become more mindful. But , for me , I realized the fear of falling which restricts my movements and my advance in my Yoga practice. This caution is a mindset I have to break free , otherwise, this demon will forever rule me and inhibit me from achieving the goodness in my yoga practice.

How I can over come the frear  is an internal struggle within myself  but it is within me to have the power to resolve this weakness.   I will keep on testing my fear and I hope one day, I will be able ot overcome the fear and be able to enjoy the absolute beauty of YOGA,

Namaste.

No comments:

Post a Comment