Saturday, October 13, 2012

A walk with Brownie

I walked a dog? You must be out of your mind.  I have never even imagine that I can do it. But , it happen. This morning I took Brownie for a walk. It was an increditable feat. I used to hear about my BIL or my friend walking a dog , bu bt me doing it , absurb.  I broke my own personal record today.

Brownie, a "she dog" was with us for more than a month now and  I have been playing with her and make her run around in my garden.  She eat alot and shit alot and she was a very obident dog except she likes to bite shoees and plants.  She needs to be taught but I think she is also very intelligent ano d she knows when you are angry. She keeps testing my patience as she keeps trying to get into our house. Once, she shit in our house and it caused my wife to run "amok", shouting and pulling her own hairs.
lOL

It was a good walk. The weather was sunny but the sky was covered with clouds.  I started to walk her in the park oppersite my house and after two rounds , I walked her around my neighbourhood.  I have never really walk around my neighbourhood.  In the 20 years staying in my house, it might be a handful of times. 

Most of the times, I pulled Brownie but sometimes, she pull me along and lead . It was a slow and gradual walk which I have seldom done. My life style have always been a rush and everything is a blur and I hardly stop to look. But, the walk open my eyes, I could see clearly the neighbouring houses doting around my home and which house have dogs.  It was very obvious as Brownie pass a house, the other dogs in the houses will start barking. I think they are saying "hello" to each other.  Brownie will then stop and look. She will stand there looking silly and cute.

This walk was a new experience for me and it makes me realize that there is a different world out there if we walk slowly and observe instead of rushing through life. Trust me, it makes our life more meaningful.

 It is a Buddhist wisdom to advise us to eat slowly and preferably, each bite shout be  50 times and let the food be properly chewed up and it dissolve in our mouth.  You will realize it is  a whole new  experience.

Namasate.

No comments:

Post a Comment