Thursday, October 4, 2012

My sister's stroke.

This early morning at 1.30am, I received a call from my niece, N and she yelled on the phone " Ku can moved her right side of her body".  I was shocked and I panic.  Call an ambulance but on the side, the reply was" Can you make the call?" .  I was  flumbling with my I-phone and googling for " Lam Wah Ee hospital.  I regretted not to keep the phone numbers of hospitals in my phone directory.

Hello, Lam Wah Ee?  I asked and the reply was " what happen? " . I narrated about my sister's sudden condition and person on the other line answered back "we don't have a stroke Doctor and can you try Loh Guan Lye hospital?  I flumbled again and lock in goI gle and type in Loh Guan Lye.

Hello, this is Loh Guan Lye , What is your problem? The patient's name , age , sex , contact number and a long list of the particulars. I stopped her and requested her to sent a ambulance but she told me that there is a lot of details to be filled up. I keep pastering her to sent an ambulance as soon as possible and she told me that she had despatched but keep asking for the answer to the rest of the questions. She keep me occupied and prevented me from leaving my house for my sister's house.  I was rather upset at this details which could be filled up when we reach the hospital. What kind of SOP is that ?  Time is an essence for a stroke patient.

When I reach my sister's house, I was again shocked to see her sitting on her bed without any expressions. I called for her name but there was no response. I tap on her face and call her name. Yet, there was no re-action.  I think she must also be in shock and try to speak out or response but she just got frozen. After 10 minutes, the ambulance arrived and she was lifted from her bed and got on to the ambulance.  I choose to follow her and I regretted very much.  It is not that I am upset but have regrets because of the rough handling of the van by the driver.  He was speeding like an F1 driver and I understand that she is struggling against time.  But , what if the van over turn or get into an accident?  It will be much worse for the patient and including me.

I got her admitted to the hospital and about 20 minutes later , the stroke doctor and check on my sister. He told me that it was a confirmed stroke case and she was admitted n the ICU  after doing the MRI and the result confirmed that it was a stroke. It was as a result of her heart's illment  which had induced a stroke.

At this time  I wrote this article, she was released from ICU and is now in a stabilized situation.  I hope everything turns out right and she can recovered from this sickness and keep a healthy lifestyle by living a fee and carefree life.  Anyway, life is only a journey and we should enjoy it while it last.

Namaste.

No comments:

Post a Comment