Thursday, July 5, 2012

When I was small.......


To: My Best Friend , Arumugam

Yesterday , when I was coming back from KL, I talked to a friend about our younger days at  KLIA while waiting for the plane.  It was still fresh and I felt elated just talking about the good times we had and how innocent we can be.  I felt suddenly very young and the memories continued to ooze out from my memory.  I have my secret laughs about certain funny incidents.  My laugh was not obvious to my friend.

When I was young , I fly kites, play in the drain , catch fishes in drenches,  catch spiders, breed fighting fish, played top spins,  play mables, scoop chatchins, climb trees, shake trees,  make pelleting sticks, run in the rain, build coconut leave tents, match make fighting cocks, collect stamps, play with buttons, play cowboys and indians, sing like beatles and even play football in the rain and many things more.  This was my happy days and I really long for it and hope it is yesterday once more. Where are my friends now ? Haiyaaa...

When I looked around at this generations, it was so boring. Only Iphones,Ipads or laptops.  The youngsters are only playing with digital images , not thing real.  They become not interested in the hobbies of yesteryears.  Time really changed and yesterday's past-time became obsolete. In Hokkien, it is called " Tor" .... old fashion.  Well, they may be wrong because what matters most to us is happiness.  We were happy at that time and this is the most important. There were so much activities and we actually moved around and have physical contacts when we play games together.

Even the canning from our parents after we did certain silly things became good momeries to us.  The punishment is "shok" and we feel elated.  Looking at it now, I prefer the yesteryears and I missed it very much. It maybe gone and it is impossible to play the games now as  it would make us look childish and immature but the taste and joy of yesterdays remained fresh in us.

We have to be thankful to our creator who have actually plan our journey through life.  I will enjoy the process and delay the end as much as I can. We only pass through this way but once.

Namaste.

No comments:

Post a Comment