Sunday, July 8, 2012

A fiasco dinner on Saturday Night

On Thursday, my daugther, M told me that she has two wouchers for a Japanese dinner at Northam Hotel and my wife was delighted. She told me and I also prepared  myself to have an enjoyable meal as I was a vivid Japanese food fan.

My wife asked me to go shopping early yesterday in order to avoid the heavy traffic coming out of Farlim on a Saturday night. We went to GP for an afternoon shopping and also work out an appetite for the dinner. We walked for three hours and I managed to buy a hood for my planned Raya holidays trip to Lake Kenyir. My wife also bought something but I am not sure what she bought.

At about 6.30pm , we proceed to our dinner and upon reaching the Hotel, we checked on the reservation by M and we had a little trouble looking for it but finally , it was sorted out. We have our seat and we start to look around at the available food but  we could not find any Japanese food and it was a normal local food buffet dinner.  There is some raw prawns, squid one dish of smoked salmon while the other food is rice, fried rice, steam fish, barbeque fish, squid, fried prawns, crabs, local soup, ice kachang, pizza, etc. The taste was only mediocre and it was a total disappointment for my wife and myself.  For a RM60 per person dinner, it was not worth it and it also lack the taste and variety.  I will never to there again.

This morning, I had a bad stomach and my wife told me that she has the same problem. I am not sure whether it came from the dinner but I had a bad feeling about it. There is a saying "good things is never cheap and cheap things is never good". I tend to believe in this logic and there are several occasions that the result supported this wisdom.

Finally, I promise myself that in the near future, I have to be careful of the choice and offer which offered by restaurants.  Now, the trend is offering discount vouchers and finally, we got play out as the portion or the taste of the food is compromised.

It pays a little more, to have quality and good food. So, beware folks of the prevailing scam.

Namaste.

No comments:

Post a Comment