Thursday, July 19, 2012

Driving in Penang is not safe anymore

I got into an accident yesterday after dinner and on my way home from my sister C's house. Her home is onlya few roads away from my house.  On my way home, my car stopped at a junction and infront of the junction, there was  a yellow box  and this box was to stop cars from blocking my access to the side road.  Cars are not allow to stop in the yellow box.

The fraffic was heavy and the cars stopped infront of the yellow box to let me go into the side road. So, I edged in but I stopped after I saw a bike speeding pass the cars and heading to my direction. I stopped  inside the yellow box hoping that the bike will miss my car. However, the young biker could not avoid my car and clash into it and he was thrown up in the air and he landed about 10 few away from my car. He got up and blamed me for stopping my car in his path. I asked him why he is riding his bike so fast and other cars have already stopped for me while he came in from behind the cars at such great spped.  He told frankly that he was speeding and he could not control his bike.

He called his father and I told his father that I will need to report to the traffic pollice and he agreed so we went our separate ways. It took me one and half hours to record the accident , interviewed by the police and get the police photographer to photograph  the demages to my car. 

My confidence was shaken and I told myself that the roads are getting congested and there are  more dangers on the road then before.,  We have  snatch thieves,  bullies, the faint hearted, the old aged drivers, the faked FI drivers, the pretentious superbikers, the nutties and the crazies. All these strange nuts mixed among the innocent drivers and it was hell having to drive among these crazy nuts.

Just recently, an old women died when a snatch thief snatched her handbag on the wee hours of the morning and the poor women fell and hit her head on the road. The fall crack her head and she lay there for 15 minutes without any help from passer-by and she died from her injury. This incident illustrate that the human beings are getting less caring and selfish and is refusing to help others while it  is not safe to walk or drive on the streets.

What is happening  to our world ?  It is  getting so advance in technology but people are getting less passionate and caring towards each other. In my younger days, we mix and run around with my neighbours' kids and we know each other by their names . Not only my parent's neighbours but the name of everyone in the whole street or village. There was so much love ,joy and fun.  Now, all the kids are hook on the TV , video games, facebook  and vitual socializing. There is so much less personal contacts and mixing around is hardly done. They can now communicate via facebook, SMS, Ipad and Iphones , so there is not need to meet or they have not time to meet due to their hectic schedule with their phones.

Through this technology socializing, they have thousands of friends on the internet but alone phyically in this world. Their world is their room and the internet faculty. Is this the right way to live and is it the the real joy or happiness we are getting?

Everything is so fake now and on the road , there are so many type of people who are rushing for no reasons, stressed up with each another  and endangering the life of others.

Talking without speaking, hearing without listening and eating not knowing what we are eating and living in the world of illusions.  What have our life beomes?

Namaste

No comments:

Post a Comment