Tuesday, July 17, 2012

My dog, Brownie



When I first saw the dog which my daughter's boyfriend, Y bought for her, I have good feeling for her. she was kind of cute and her eyes carry some sadness in it. My wife was so scare of it and she never like dogs or cats. For me, my dog, Ah Wong died about 30 years ago of food poisoning. Ever since, I have never laid an eye on any dogs that came my way.

For Brownie, I started playing with her with my foot and I let her bite my toe as she seems to enjoy biting things. Slowly, after work, I began to look for her everyday and I would play with her for a while before I go home. Recently, my daughter would carry her up and then put her on my tight and I started toc arass her and she seem to like it. She is so tiny in my hands as I hold her up and lightly comb her hair with my hands. She just lay on my lap and enjoy the love I pour on her.

Suddenly, I began to feel that Brownie knows how to appreciate my love and she show her joy by licking my hand and my face. This dog arouse my past disappointment with my friends. Those people I have help , supported  and love can just turn their  back on me if I say something wrong or  I disagree with them. The change can be instant and their claw back or prowl back at me like a wounded animal. They have short memories and they forgot how strong is our relationship. The hurt bury all the past and flame engulf their eyes with anger.

I have seen it all in the past  and the wound is still fresh and the memories still hurt. There no foundation of friendship and greed and anger just took over them and they will change completely to be another person.

After playing with Brownie for a few days, I believe why so many people start to rear pets and become anti - socials. The bond between the people and their pets can only be understand by another pet lover. They are living in their secure world , shield away from the instability, emotions and revengeful  actions from the imperfect human beings.

Namaste

No comments:

Post a Comment