Saturday, July 28, 2012

Did I sell my soul to the Devil?

On Friday, I had a casual conversation with my boss, H and he told me that he is getting older while I am getting younger. I could not catch his real meaning so I disagreed with his perception.  In heart, I wanted to tell him that I did not sell my soul to the Devil.

Many years ago, I saw a movie about a man who sell his soul to the Devil to exchange for eternal youth and power. In the end, the Devil took his life after making use of him to carry out his activities.

Keeping young and heathly is a mean to enjoy happiness while we are alive .If we are youthful , we are energetic  and remain positive and this make us healthy.  Like I have always say, a healthy body breeds a healthy mind and vice versa. Basically, nothing more than that. It does not mean that when we try to keep our youth and health, we have to continue to work forever. Having said that, we cannot dispute that working is a mean to keep our youth and health ie doing the work we like and passionate about.

Some people keep their youth to keep their beauty and appeal  and to make a living out of it.  There are many reasons for people to keep their youth and whatever it s, they have the right to choose their way . This is their life unless by doing so they use it to hurt others. If not, it is perfectly alright.

The best philosophy is to keep our youth to prolong our health and use it to do the things we want to do while we are travelling in our life journey. Alot of people align age with health.  When we are old, we should look old ,hagard and unhealthy. Yes, it is a natural process but why should we follow this notion if we can do it otherwise?  Okay, we could be contributing to the comestic companies, wellness set ups  and health clubs, the awareness to sell supplements for youth and health have been done thousands of years.  Furthermore, it is a choice , we can choose this way or the natural way like meditation, yoga , qugong ,etc.
It is a choice of life.

But , in the end , it is the same. All of us will have to die and we should tamper with the evolution and nature. The basic principle of Buddhism's life cycle should not be changed.  Birth, age, sickness and death is a very natural process but the interval between these process can be different  ie age can be also with a youthful look.

So, it is our choice and decision and we must respect each individual's choice.

Namaste.

No comments:

Post a Comment