Monday, August 27, 2012

Survey on Malaysian women - 39% unfaithful

I think the polling could have been very bias like the merdeka polls .  For a statistic to be correct, the sampling should be wide spread  and the extremes are taken off before we find the median, otherwise, the survey result could be bias.

When I read this article,  my eyes nearly popped out.  How can it be ?  16 sleeping partners in their life time ?  Something must be wrong.  I have been working with a large group of ladies and  I hardly could sense this attitude.  I could never accept this result but facts remained facts unless I check the result.

With this interpretation, the outlook of Malaysian women could change.  It is true in Thailand as prostitution is legal but Malaysia, it is simply unbelievable.

Coming to think about it, I am looking at my generation but I really do not know the attitude of the Gen Y or X.  When I check my FB, I could read alot of  ladies using four letter words  and writting dirty jokes.  Could it be true that the average result of 39% is  push up by the teenager of today.  

Looking at my daughter's friends and the behaviour of my nieces , there seems to be a cool attitude to relationships.  For my daughter, May, she has many boyfriends until the recent one.  As for my niece, they could break up their relationships with their boyfriends after many years.  The relationship is so loose and cool.  If it works , well and good and if it starts to be hurtful , sorry and good-bye.

I think most probably, the ratio of 39% is due to the morale decadence of the Gen Y and X.  The trend of kiss and goodbye is getting rampant and increasing.  Marriage could be out of the door soon and co-habitation and trial and error maybe more practical for this current generation.

For the baby boomers, it maybe sometime, we cannot accept as we still remained faithful to our better half and would want the relationships to work.  For marriage to work, a little " give and take" is enough but now, the ego may be getting bigger and marriage is only a paper  while happiness becomes the priority.

So good luck to the future generations,  if they  are happy , so be it.  Anyway, the marriage certificate is invented by the old Establishment which may have become obsolete.

Namaste.

No comments:

Post a Comment