Friday, August 3, 2012

Best fish head curry in Penang

At lunch today, my colleague asked me out for lunch  and I told him that I missed the fish head curry at the Juru  Chinese Coffee Shop.   I  could remember the name of the shop  but if you are coming from auto-city , it is located on the left side of the road after the bridge.  

There are two coffee shops lying side by side and  it is the second one.  It is a bit run down and the coffee shop is not so clean .  There are few stalls in the shop and you only need to ask for fish head curry  from any one of them and they will point you the right direction.  You could also see patrons are eating curry fish head  with white rice at the shop.

One small fish head will be about RM25 , medium size will cost about RM40 and the big one will cost about RM60.  This  is the basic menu and if you want to add  prawns and squids , then you will need to add RM20 for prawns and RM10 for the squid.

The taste is very good and it is quite spicy  and I used to sweat a lot  while eating it  and  it helps to warm up our body.  The taste is excellent and the fish, prawns and squids are very fresh.  I do not know why it is so captivating  and each time,  someone mentioned fish head curry, that shop immediately pop up in my mind.  It is like “ganja” and the pull of the curry  is very strong.  It is like I have been “ hooked” on a drug. Maybe … LOL

Sometimes, life is very routine and boring and it is the good food that keep us going.  For this case, I traveled about 20 minutes to the shop from my work place and I finished the food within 15 minutes and I drive another 20 minutes back to work.  The traveling time is more than the time need to consume the food but yet , it  is worth the while and trouble.

I have tried the fish head curry at many places and I think this is one of the best fish head curry around.   Look for it , find it and you will never regret it.

Namaste.

No comments:

Post a Comment