Thursday, August 16, 2012

Happy Birthday to my pal, PH

I know him for more than 10 years  and since last year, he has retired from his job and now, he is taking his time to  search for the right business.  Yes, I envy him taking his own sweet time and enjoy his 2nd chapter in life.

I did not know it was his birthday today until his former colleagues pick me up for lunch with him.  He had suggested that we have lunch at a restaurant in Sungei lembu.  Ow! Sungei lembu was a bit too far but since he insisted, I have to follow him. So, we took a 30 minutes drive to the restaurant.

The restaurant is located far into the hills and it has a bit of landscaping and  a pond full of fishes. It has alot of plants and trees and it was  cooling.  The building was quite small.

My friend , PH took the menu and he did all the ordering.   A bowl of chicken, one Parting fish, one vegetable and a roasted pork leg. We drink our eer teh to neutralized the oil while PH have a glass of beer. We talk about antiques ,  old times and  jokes.  A simple conversation about the latest trend about old aged stones which caused as much as gold.  Thousand years rock which gives up good Chi and will boost health. Now, it is a crazy trend in China.

We spend about 30 minutes talking while we drink Pur eer  tea.  It was a simple lunch , a good tea and most of all , a group of  simple friends enjoying a birthday lunch. It was a very good combination and it was simply enjoyable.

The time took for me to return to my office took another 30 minutes but it was worth it. Life should be like this , simply wondering , idling and living.

Namaste.

No comments:

Post a Comment