Sunday, August 26, 2012

Mr A , came calling

My former staff and friend, A call up this afternoon to borrow some yoga books from me.  I owe him for his arrangement at Lake Kenyir and I lend him my "bible" on yoga and he promised to return me in a forth night. Lets see how much he can lend from the bible.

He told  me he is driving back to Lake Kenyir at 6pm and it would take 5 to 6 hours of driving and he is using the Grik way and through East -West Highway to Lake Kenyir. He told me that there could still be traffic jams on the Highway and I hope it does because the stretch of Highway from the East to the West is normally very quiet and dark.  Like I mentioned before that there used to be communist camps before the surrender of the Communist party.

I used to drove along that Highway many years ago . Maybe more than 25 years ago.  At that time, it was still a virgin forest where the Highway cut across the land and it was very beautiful and full of vegetations, rivers and lakes along the Highway.  There were also a lot of signs warning of wild animals along the Highway.

When the Highway have already matured and many thousands or a million people could have driven across the Highway. It is no more a road less travelled but a matured Highway.

I look back how time have fly and I wondered how my friend will experience the trip back to Lake Kenyir. It will be dark soon and it is no more fun on this trip like I have before.

I offered him a beer before his tedious trip and I hope the drink will make him more relax and patient. I told him , a little bit about Yoga.  The practice have to be gradual and it is not competing with another person but our own self.  We have to pace our stretching  and folding to gradually improve our flexibility and alot of patience is needed to perfect the various pose.  If we push ourselves too fast, we will hurt our body and we will give up in no time.

I also advise him to avoid the difficult pose and it has to be done with  the guidance of a good teacher. Simple stretching is recommendable for starters.  I hope he understand what I mean and listen to my advise. Lake Kenyir is a very good place to practice yoga especially the fresh air and natural energy.  It will discipline our mind and body.

I hope he will eventually be a Yogi and practice the true and right principles of Yoga. I want to share all my knowledge with whoever who wants to learn or listen. 

Live well , my friend  and enjoy the practice of Yoga.

Namaste.

No comments:

Post a Comment