Saturday, August 25, 2012

My foot's experience

After the Yoga class yesterday morning, my leg was feeling heavy and my shoulder was stiff.  I asked my wife to go for a foot reflexology at OMEGA center located in Penang Plaza.  It was about 2pm, so we decided to go since we have the time.

On reaching the center, there were two person undergoing the foot reflexology session but there were two vacant seats and the owner quickly asked us to sit down and he start calling for outside helpers since there was not enough staff around.

My wife was more lucky as she had a staff who came in to attend to her while I have to wait for 15 minutes. We have not been to this message centers for a long while as we felt that Yoga was enough for us.  But, we were quite wrong.

When the staff started the message on my wife shoulder, she commented that the shoulder was quite stiff and there is a blood circulation problem if it is not attended to early.  She keeps grumbling as she massage my wife while I was reading the incoming messages from my Iphone.

An elderly assistant at the center asked me to  put my legs in the salt water to relax and detox while waiting for the helper from outside. After 15 minutes, young lady came in and start the massage of my legs.  I looked at her and she looks young but healthyl.  I have big legs and I think it will be quite okay as she will not be able to exert the pressure needed and it will be a breeze.  How mistaken I can be ?

She started with my left leg and I told her that I have injured my left leg and I asked her go gentle on that foot. It went well as the massage was gentle and soothing.  But , after the toes , she started to increase the pressure and I could feel the enormous pain from the various pressure points on the sore of my foot. I tried to be macho and try to absorb the pain as she work on my left foot. 

After the left foot, it goes on to the  right foot and she exert her normal strength  and she massage each area on my sore, it was very painful and I keep asking which organ it represents on the body charts  pinned on the wall.

In foot reflexology, there are several sections in our sore that represents bladder, stomach , kidney, heart ,etc . However, every part of my sore was hurting and painful and this represents the weakness in my organs. I think the age has catch up with me because in  a couple years ago, it was not so painful and it was in fact enjoyable. Now , things have changed and I am getting older.

I do believe that the nerves ending under our sore is linked to our organs and the level of pain will reflect the health of each vital organs. Such practice have been carry on for thousands of years in China and it has been passed down through the generations.

What can I do ? The Sifu at the centre told me to resume the massage every week in order to improve the overal health and I know it is good but it is quite costly as it cost about RM50 for an hour.  Of course, money is not so important as our health but again, it is the pain that we have to endure.

The experience have awaken my awareness of the conditions in my body and I have to take actions to maintain my health . Yoga will keep me healthy but there are side effects if we overdo it and we have to balance the exercise so that it is not lopsided or to the extend that we hurt ourself.

An experience you should try if you have not try out foot reflexoloy.  Healthy people have healthy foot.

Namaste

No comments:

Post a Comment