Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Planning a trip to lake Kenyir

Come this Raya holidays and I will be going to Lake Kenyir.  I have passed through that lake once when I drove across East West Highway many, many years ago.  When East-West highway was open about 30 years ago, the highway was infested with communist.  Before we can drive through East-West highway, we have to register with the army at the check point and when we came out of the highway, we also have to report to the check point. 

When I drove through the highway, it was full of virgin forest  with sights of animals. On top of hill locks, there were army camps and this is to guard certain section of hte highway.  The scenery along the highway was beautiful and peaceful. So, much greeneries and so much nature.  It was a bliss driving through the highway.

In the middle of the highway, we will need to psss thorugh Lake Kenyir.  It is actually a big man make lake to preserve nature and the river source. At the time of my travel, there was no hotels or resorts and perhaps , some woodern huts offering rest places. I remembered I stand on the bank of the lake and admire the beauty of nature.

After 30 years, I am now planning to go there again and this time to stay at the Lake Kenyir Hotel for four days three nights during the Raya holidays.  Why did I consider Lake Kenyir for a holiday?

It was a co-incident.  On one of my trip to KL,  I met my former staff and we had dinner together. We talk of old time and he brought up to me about his career path.  He was offered  a job as a Financial Controller at Lake Kenyir and he asked me about my opnion.  I told him to give it a try and get back into the accounting career. He has deviated from a accounting career to planning.  He was eager to get back into his right career path as he was a qualified accountant.

So, he joined Lake Kenyir and I promised to visit one day and this was the occasion to meet him again at his place of work.  He still called me " boss" when I see him once awhile.  I believe we had good times together when he was my staff. A strong bond have been created.

Another reason for me to consider Lake Kenyir was I have casually mentioned to my BIL , ES and he was keen to go there. Since, I have a commitment to go there, I better keep my promise and so, this is to fulfill my promise to him.

My wife helped me to check the condition of the Hotel at Lake Kenyir and there were several comments. Some good and some bad and I called my former staff at the Hotel to make sure that he booked me the best chalet at the Hotel Resort.

During the Raya holidays, there will be massive traffic jam as Muslims will need to go back to their home town and most of the eateries will be closed. It will be a challenge to look for food and hopefully, the food at the Hotel is good enough to make our stay pleasant.

Well, good or bad , it will be an experience and I promised all of you, readers that I will share my experience with all of you  honestly.

Happy hunting.

Namaste.

No comments:

Post a Comment