Saturday, August 11, 2012

Dinner at The Muzeum Restaurant, Penang

Last night, I had a family dinner at the Muzeum Restaurant. Earlier, I have checked the location from the internet but I do not know whether it is located near Esplanade side or towards the town side of King street. Well, when I reach King Street, I choose the direction towrads Esplanade and I was right. Ow, what a relief.


The restaurant was tastefully decorated and a fusion between Western and oriental mixture and a sense of nostalgia. The building is full of history as it was the former residence of Yap Chor Ee. Part of the restaurant housed the historical belongs of hte Yap family and it is only open for viewing during the official working hours.


At the dinning area, we can also judge the rich history of the building with plants hanging in the air well and the old chinese paintings on the wall. The setting was very peaceful and I would like to congratulate the designer for doing such a good job.


The music on the night was songs by Serene Jones and it was a beautiful oombination of the place and the music. Very romantic indeed. Then comes the food. It was excellent.


We ordered Salmon, spehgetti, Chicken and beef and end with Tiramitsu and ice cream. It was a great combiation and the porton was just right for me. Such a wonderful time and so joyful.


 How we define a good time ? It is the people, the food , the place and the music and with the right combination, it gives you an enormous joy and it swell form the inside of us. We just fell it. Even if there is no conversation but just by getting together these elements, it is so joyful.


 It is s place I would like to remmend to my readers and friends. Give it a try and enjoy the experience. A small warning, it is quiet pricey but it was worth it.

.

No comments:

Post a Comment