Saturday, October 30, 2010

Yesterday once more

A few days ago, I receive a phone call from a friend. On and off, we have communicated but because of our busy routines, we only managed to communicate a few times a year. She likes to read but cannot find the time to pursue this hobby as she has a job and a son to take care at home.  The few topics we have talk about is about life and its purpose.  She is reasonably well off and she is married to a doctor and in her limited spare time , she is seeking spiritual truth and hope to have a purpose driven life. She is a christian and yet she reads motivational , spiritual and religious books.

The call from her was to seek for my recommendation of a good book for her as she was at the book store in Gurney Plaza. I asked her why suddenly she remember me and she told me that she was abit depressed and was looking for a good book. When she sees books , she remembered me.  It is ok, I am just like one of her books in her book shelf. Ok, this is really no big deal. At least , I am so much of a use to her. I used to read alot of spiritual books  but now, my eyes are getting tired easily and I am going for the audios to rest my tired eyes.

What she is going through at that moment is very common to all of us. I have done it and millions of you have also experienced this lapse of weakness and let our emotions takes over.  It was like yesterday once more, all over again. Memories keeps coming back from our mental library to prick at our thoughts and unleash our emotions.

When I get up in this morning, the song " yesterday once more" just came into my head and I just cannot shake it off.  The lyrics becoming more and more vivid as I become more awaken. Then, another song " Yesterday" also float up.  One of the main lyric in " yesterday once more" was how we long for yesterday and in song Yesterday, the lyric love was " yesterday, love was such an easy game to play, and now , I have to find a place to hide away".  Both these two songs, depicts the changes we have gone through in our life and how we can re-live the good years which we have gone through. It is quite natural for all of us to hide behind the good times that we have when we go through an emotional patch.

In life, we have the good times and the bad times. But, each different moments have a lesson for us and it also test the dharma in all of us as well. Treat each experience as a test and a lesson and this will be permanently stored in our memory and it will be re-live at the appropriate moments in our journey through life.

Namaste.

No comments:

Post a Comment