Monday, October 4, 2010

In the blink of an eye....

I just read my daughter's message in her facebook where she expressed how time flies and in a blink of an eye, her seniors will be graduating and she will missed them all. I felt so moved by how much she has grown up. A few years ago, she was a playful and happy child and not having any worries whatsoever and now, she realized that time flies.  Hey, what about me in my fifties and it seem so frightening. Like  what the chinese used to say, "almost more than half of my body is already in the coffin". There is no taboo over this life and death subjectas I have mentioned my earlier article , it is a common knowledge that those who live must die, passing through nature into eternity.

I felt the need to advise her as a good father as her friends encourage her to enjoy the happy moments while they are still around. Good advise but I told her that if we want to catch time, it is impossible and I compared it to catch the air with her two hands. This is really an impossible thing, so I advise her to enjoy the beautiful air which she is breathing instead of trying to catch it. The focus is appreciating its freshness, its energizing effect and tap into its sweets and totally emerge into it without the need to describe it. If we describe the goodness of a sight , smell or feeling, it will degrade its importance and impact. Words can never describe the wonders of a beautiful feeling or sight.

So much for now.... need to vanish for awhile until my writing mood is back.
Namaste.

No comments:

Post a Comment