Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Feeling for others

It has been really bothering me for a whole week now since I came back from Bangkok. The uneasiness stays with me after seeing BiL J in pain and sitting there wondering what have happen to his health.  I just don't know what to say initially and just sitting there quietly near to him. Strangely, I could feel the pain he is going through and the struggle in his inner self to seek for an answer to his illness. Three months ago, he was well and now, he is gravely ill,

He has gone for his medical check every three months, checking all the sign of the big "C".  It just happen, Boom! It struck after he lost his taste and appetite,  Life is so strange and misterious. The whole episode bring back the memory of my MiL Maggie, who have died from the big "C".Memories flow back about how my wife and myself taking turns to bring her for treatment in Singapore and how she suffer during the treatment. But, she was a strong lady although there was moment of weakness.

I could remember that when my wife was in China for business, I went over to visit her and saw her sitting by the window , looking far away into the Ocean from her Condo, I just pull a chair and sit next to her, lost for words.  After greeting her, I sat there queitly by her side , also staring into the far horizon and blank in my head. We sat in this way for quite sometime  and suddenly, she asked me , "why is this happening to me ". I  just don't know how to answer her and I just sat there remaining  silent.  She is a good lady except that she is fond of mahjong. She told me that she has not done any bad to anybody  and  in fact, she has  been very helpful. Why?  I just don't know , perhaps the bad karma from her previous life.  Hard to be sure.

To be able to feel the pain of others, we need to be passionate and compassionate at the same time. The air they breath in and out and the thoughts going through their head seems to carry their pain and aspirations with them  and just by sitting next to them, you can receive these waves  through your natural radars. If you stare at them, the pain in their face and body  could be transmitted  through the sight and convert into the feelings in your body,  Just let yourself go  and feel for them.  We are one way or another inter-connected and wired,

All the above is just my feelings and my thoughts and it may not happen to you , just like when some people can feel the universal power from above if they focus on it and they do receive it. These are the blessed ones. 

Namaste.

No comments:

Post a Comment