Saturday, October 30, 2010

With a simple twist of fate, life will change.

When we are young, most of us think that we will remain healthy and will live for ever. The remember the story of former UK Prime Minister Gordon Brown. Although he is not popular now, I would like to relate an event in his life. When he was a child , he used to play rugby and during one of the game, one of his opposite team member accidentally grope into both of his eyes.  He was sent to the intensive care unit and the doctors was able to save one of his eyes and the other was blind forever.  If the doctors were not able to save one of his eyes, he would not be the Prime Minister of UK. This is a happy ending for him but in most cases, it is very sad and unfortunate.

This morning, I met a friend during breakfast and he invited me to sit with him. He told me that his second brother have suffered a stroke while his third brother have been bed ridden for one and a half year already. The second brother was hit by a motorbike and have seriously injured his spine.  I was very shocked to hear the news. I know both of them very well but have not been able to visit them because of my tight routine. Both are very hardworking and honest men carrying on his bfather's gas business.  I could remember how they lift the heavy gas cylinders on to their bikes or their lorries. I saw their business grew from a one lorry business to a few lorries and they also got the agency for the Penang state. 

My friend kept reminding me how fragile life can be and I should east lavishly and travel  when I am still able.  He also said that there is no use to keep so much money and if something happen, it will be pitiful and we will not be able to do what we want to do. Yes, he is a good fellow trying to wake me up.

I remembered my trip to China three years ago, when the tour guide keep telling us that we have to spend our money. Otherwise, our money will be in our bank and we will be in heaven. We cannot bring the money with us when we say goodbye.  This is the true hard fact but we are not awaken. We continued to work hard and keep our money for our future which may not come.

 Now I remembered a sad story about this women who was very thrifty.Each time her husband buy new pairs of undies for her, she will tell the husband that she will keep it for a later date. One day, she died suddenly and her husband found that all the undies he has bought for  his wife have remained unopen in her drawer. This analogy applies to most of us when we expect to live beyond our expectation. We will live today, tomorrow and the day after tomorrow and so on and so on.  This is our mind-set and we cannot be wrong.  We have live with this expectation for so many years and it cannot be wrong.  Lets pray that our good karma will make us realize our wishes.

Anything can happen anytime.  Even if we decide not to go out and even if we make all the preparations, exercise regularly and eat a proper diet, anything can happen. We do not own tomorrow and what we have is today. So, folks use your now wisely and do whatever you want to do and do procastinate it.

Be compassionate and kind to your ownself and all beings around you.

No comments:

Post a Comment