Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Appropriate behaviour

Good morning. silent, as the driver look dazed as he  wait for me to get up on the car to the airport. Yes, I was going to the airport and my company have arrange a driver to pick me up. My mind was wondering why he has not wish me back? Is it because he having some problem waking up or some matter bothering him. But , whatever it maybe, it is appropriate for a person to greed me back, This is basic mannerism. Well, each day is a new begining and we have to be thankful for each day. Yesterday is gone and tomorrow is uncertain and what we have is today or now  We have to make good use of each day and left the past behind. The greeting of a good morning is a reminder to all of us that a good day have started and we have to move on and so whateer we are set to do.

Coming back to the basic mannerism, I was in Bangkok recently and my wife and me visited a very sick BiL together with some close relatives. Well, it was a very nerve wrecking visit  and it is a struggle to manage our emotions. One of my relative choose to read a book during the whole visit while we sit around or watch TV with my BiL. After the visit and at the dinner table, I could not hold back my emotions and I asked my relative, why he choose to read a book during the visit.  I find this unacceptable and inappropriate, He replied that there is nothing wrong with it and he did not even finish one chapter, Well, I think he got it all wrong. It is not a matter of right or wrong but whether it is appropriate or not. The visit to my BiL could his last moment with us,  The worst thing is that the book is about Dr Mahatir, a former Prime Minister of Malaysia . It is totally irrelevant and mischevious.

Well, the confrontation did not went well and we parted from the dinner table disillusioned with each other,  He was upset with me for embarrassing him. But , this was never the intention but the wish is that he will not do it again.. But , my wife was right. Two wrongs don't make one right. I should have chosen a more appropirate moment , that is at the right time and the right place. I was wrong despite his inappropriate act.  I cannot do anything about it now until the weather is better to do some repair work.

In the Buddhist teaching, one of the dharma is to have the right speech and right action. My experience is a reminder  to all that we have to follow the eightfold path  and do the right thing.

Peace to every step,  Have to check in now to KL. Will be in touch soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment