Saturday, October 2, 2010

Nirvana.co

Last nite, I  attended the wake of my bil Mike at Nirvana palace in KL and I call it a palace because it was like a 5 star hotel and very exclusive in nature. Mike was in the casket with a window opening for viewing and there he is lying in the wake.  He has a christian burial and it was at 8pm that his church members came for the prayer session. We join in to sing a few songs while the pastor says the final prayer. The moment was brief  and after that we just mingle around and went off for the nite.
the
In my mind there was this thought that whatever belief you have, the end is same and whether there is a god to recieve you or you just return to the universe or just vanish ,it is all the same. The end of us, the people in transit, Then, why are we so caught up with what we do in this life and become so attached to our achievements and wanna be a fixer all the time.  Rather, we should have a purpose driven life and we have to set the purpose and have a meaningful existence causing no harm to others and ourselves.The Dalai Lama have said if you cannot help others, dont't harm them,  Let co-exist in harmony and happiness,
Taking this chance, I would like to thank my friend, siew fong who sent me an article writen by Eckhard Tolle, who is a follwer of the Dalai Lama. I have read a few books written by His Grace and it is really inspiring,
So much for now, need to attend the funeral of BIL Mike. Will share my experience in my next posting,

No comments:

Post a Comment