Wednesday, October 20, 2010

My Friend ,SL

Today, after a seminar , I drop in to see a friend and she told me that she only has 15 minutes for me and it was also acceptable to me as I need to rush back to my office.  When I saw her, she look so tired and  stale. So, I open the convesation With a "How are you" greeting and from that moment, she pour out all her problems at work and so many of her good staff have gone on to another place of work with a much higher pay. It is the world o globalization and it is no more a local problem.  People are more mobile and travelling is easy.

I know how she feel because in my 34 years  of working life, I have seen it all and felt it all. We have to be prepared to  pick up all the pieces when someone leave for greener pastures.  She told me that the bosses always think that the problem can be solved easily and without any constructive compensation and that is how frustrating it can be ,not been able to offer or counter offer to keep the good satff with us.

Yes, everything evolves and changes every fast. In our pure heart , we always hope that everything will remain as it is and we can live happily ever after but there is no such perfections. Nothing is static. We have to accept changes and be part of the changes. People will come and go and for a reason. If a person is not with you today, there is a reason to it and you have learn to acccpt it.

In Buddhism, this is the test of your dhrama , so if it is not now , then when. Everything that happen is also for a reason  and we may not know what is the reason.We should happy for  our friends or our former staff if they can get a better offer elsewhere becasue they will be happy and if they are happy, why don't  you feel happy. It is for our selfish need that we feel sad and we are sad not because they leave but because we will be in trouble having to pick up the pieces.
 things

Hi , friend, you need to relax and take  things as it comes and as long as you have done whatever you can in the process , you should not worry about the outcome, Having try your best in the process is already a creditable task.

Yes, the show must go on and why worry over the things that you cannot change . It is done for the day and the next day is another new beginning and with new friends.  That is life.

Namaste

No comments:

Post a Comment